- 2017 Place Maker and Place Keeper Honorees
- Gold Medal Winner
- A Political Imperative
- Green Metropolis
- Germany's Green Prince
- Afton Villa Book
- 2016 Place Maker / Place Keeper Honorees
- "PhotoPaysage / LandscapeRepresentation" Conference
- Celebration of the Publication of A Natural History of English Gardening 1650-1800 by Mark Laird
- Join Us For Our Annual Awards Luncheon
- Stop Receiving Site/Lines in print?
- 2015 Prize Winners
- A New English Translation of Pueckler-Muskau's Hints on Landscape Gardening!
- Kudos for Board Member Laurie Olin
- Celebrate our 2014 Place Maker and Place Keeper Awardees
- Winners of the 2014 John Brinckerhoff Jackson Book Prize
- Laurie Olin's "Sketchbooks of the Mediterranean"
- Registration is now open for the Frederick Law Olmsted Jr. Symposium
- The Other Las Vegas
- Spotlight on Board Members
Celebration of the Publication of A Natural History of English Gardening 1650-1800 by Mark Laird
On September 21, 2015, from 4:00 until 6:00, the recently inaugurated the Humanities Institute / LuEsther T. Mertz Library at the New York Botanical Garden will host a celebration in the Mertz Library of this important recent publication. The author will give a short talk about the book, which was published by the New York Botanical Garden in association with the Yale Center for British Art. Following a public discussion, there will be a reception and book signing during which guests are invited to a viewing of the Library’s collection of rare books accompanied by an explanation of their engravings by Vanessa Sellers, director of the Humanities Institute.
Mark Laird is a historic landscape consultant and garden conservator and teaches landscape history at the Graduate School of Design, Harvard University. Previous books include The Flowering of the Landscape Garden: English Pleasure Grounds, 1720–1800 and Mrs. Delany and Her Circle (Yale). The Foundation for Landscape Studies is proud that this important contribution to landscape history scholarship was given a 2013 David R. Coffin Publication Grant by its awards committee.