General Requirement: The applicant must be a public charity formed for the benefit of a public landscape; it must be able to provide proof of existing financial support for the proposed grant project; and it must demonstrate the capacity to ensure long-term maintenance of the project landscape.
1. Applicant should send a letter of intent outlining the proposed project and the names and qualifications of the project principals to the Foundation for Landscape Studies.
2. Applicant will receive prompt notification from the Foundation for Landscape Studies regarding a project’s eligibility for consideration.
3. If eligibility is confirmed, applicant should complete proposal according to the requirements outlined below.
4. Applicant should then send an electronic version of the proposal plus three copies of any related printed materials to the Foundation for Landscape Studies.
1. Mission Statement.
2. List of names and addresses of board of Directors.
3. Copy of any license or agreement documenting the organization’s partnership with its public sector partner.
4. Copy of its IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter.
5. Most recent financial statement and Form 990, together with any feasibility study, projections or plans relating to funding of the balance of the comprehensive plan not supported by the Foundation.
6. Annual budget showing Contributions and Expenses by category.
Description of Landscape entity for which grant is sought
4. Level of public visitation.
5. Admission fees, if any.
Description of Project
1. Project Nature.
2. Project Goals.
3. Project Outline.
4. Project Budget.
Description of Planning Process
1. Two-page narrative.
2. Resumés of consultants and in-house staff who will develop the plan.
3. Time Frame for planning and realization of the project.
4. Date of expected completion of final planning documents.
5. Strategy for developing public support of plan.
6. Strategy for developing additional financial support of plan.
7. Job descriptions of personnel to oversee implementation of plan.
8. Job descriptions of personnel to maintain project landscape on ongoing basis.
Please submit to:
Elizabeth Barlow Rogers, President
Foundation for Landscape Studies
7 West 81st Street
New York, NY 10024